Staff Training begins Sunday June 2, 2013 and will end Friday - June 7th, at 4:00 pm. There is an alternative weekend Counselor Training for those 18 yrs and older, May 3-5, 2013 if they cannot attend the week long training.
- Getting to know the staff that you will be working with this summer!
- Capture the flag in the dark
- Learning skills for working with troubled kids
- Crazy Camp Party
- Teaching on Economic Class and overcoming Cultural Differences
- Talent Show
- Challenging Obstacle Course
- Learn and practice sharing the Gospel
- Personal Testimonies- stories of God working!
- Worship and small group prayer
- Jeans, shorts and other casual attire
- Jacket and long pants for cool evenings
- 1 set of work clothes to paint or get dirty
- Modest swimsuits & flip-flops
- Sneakers and casual footwear
- Flashlight Sleeping bag and pillow (or blanket & sheets)
- Towel and washcloth
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, etc)
- Watch, Bible, notebook, and pen
- Insect repellent, sunscreen, and a hat
Footwear is very important at camp. Closed toed shoes (example: sneakers) are required for staff during their daily times of service.
Remember! Cell phones, lap tops, and other electronic devises are only allowed to be used during FREE TIME.
Basic Staff Training Schedule
- 6:30 Obstacle Course & Kitchen Chores
- 8:00 Mealtime Routine
- 8:15 Breakfast
- 8:30 Clean Up
- 8:45 Devotions
- 9:15 Morning Activities
- 12:15 Mealtime Routine & Lunch
- 1:00 Group Session
- 2:00 Workshops
- 3:00 Free Time
- 4:00 Group Game
- 5:00 M.R. & Supper
- 6:00 Team Building Activity
- 7:00 Worship/Testimony/Teaching
- 8:00 Small Group Prayer
- 9:00 Night-time Game
- 11:00 Lights Out
Water Bottles & Cameras
We will give you a Camp David water bottle which you can autograph and keep with you at all times! You don’t need a camera unless you use it during your free time. We will be taking pictures and posting them online for you.
If you have a particular favorite snack you can bring it and keep it in staff housing with your name on it. Otherwise we will be providing sweet and salty snacks for you during camp. We will have coffee, Gatorade, and water available.
Please inform the nurse if you are on any medication and keep the medicine in the nurse’s station and be responsible for taking it. The nurse will not hunt you down to give you your meds!