Part-time Staff Needs
Note: Each of these positions can be a few days per week, or a few hours each day
- Maintenance Help (everything from fixing pipes to squeaky doors)
- Kitchen Helper (help prepare and cook food for approx. 80 guests)
- Housekeeping (take care of laundry, clean adult staff housing, help organize)
- Office Help (help make name tags, sort pictures, make phone calls, or whatever needs to be done)
- Teachers (teach a short class such as a senior boy’s “Car Mechanics” or senior girl’s “Sewing Class”)
- Nurse, Lifeguard, and other part time positions
We need adult help for all weeks of camps. Adult volunteers can go home each day, or we can provide lodging for the week if needed. We try to be flexible with you on when you serve. For instance, you could volunteer as a Maintenance Man, and come out for a few hours each afternoon. Or you could help with laundry on Thursday and Friday every other week– or each weekend! Kitchen Crew can do the morning or afternoon shift, and choose which days of the week. The important thing is for Adult Volunteers to have servant’s hearts, and to communicate well on when they are available, how they are feeling, and ask lots of questions.
Green Team Registration.
If you have children ages 2-12 you can register them for the Green Team Day Camp while you serve. Please fill out one for each child.
The application process for part-time help is a little shorter than for our counselors and wranglers, but it is still detailed. One of our core values is that Camp David is a safe haven and one of the best ways to ensure this is to carefully check out each person that comes to volunteer here. Please fill out the entire Part-time Application, including the contact info for references.
Basic Camp Schedule
Our basic volunteer schedule for a week of service begins at 4:00pm Sunday evening, and concludes on Friday afternoon at 4:00pm. However, there are many variables in this schedule when it comes to part-time volunteers. Please contact us for more specifics on the time commitments needed for the position you wish to serve in. Here is a short description of how the week looks for full-time staff:
- Sunday evening is a special camp activity for our staff to help build unity and ends with a worship and prayer time.
- Monday morning is spent working together to get ready for the campers, who arrive on Monday afternoon.
- The rest of the week is full of fun camp activities including horse riding, swimming, crafts...
- The campers leave on Friday morning and the staff cleans up camp, and then meets Friday afternoon for a testimony and praise time.
If you have any questions about volunteering, or are still wondering how you can best fit as a volunteer, please do not hesitate to call. God has gifted each person differently, and our team is enriched when each person serves in the way that God has gifted them. Camp Office: 573-364-2786