Results from 2013 Banquet for Hope!
February 23, 2013
We have much to praise God for with this year's Banquet for Hope. Thursday, February 21st we were hit with periodic downpours of wintery mix and sleet which left us with about three inches of sleet and slush by the time the Banquet began. Our governor declared a state of emergency and almost every business in Rolla was closed. It was so bad my family made five attempts up the camp's hill before finally making it out of our driveway on our way to the dinner! I know many of you were praying for the dinner and God was at work on our behalf. That night there were 212 brave souls who were able make it out to the banquet and were determined make the night a blessing!
The amazing thing was that in spite of a much lower attendance this year, the Banquet for Hope has raised $24,900, which is more than last year!! READ MORE HERE!!
Making a Bigger IMPACT!
January 29, 2013
Meet our new IMPACT Partner, Bekah from MI, and learn how Camp David's Mentoring Program is making a difference and growing! READ MORE...
Happy New Year 2013!
January 2, 2013
As 2012 ended I was overwhelmed with God's faithfulness. Looking at my wedding ring after having it repaired last week, I read the 16 year old inscription on the gold band, "To My Beloved. Matt. 6:33." This was the verse that my wife, Grace, and I had chosen for our journey together: "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Over the past 16 years there have been times when we were distracted by other things, times when we worried about food and clothing and car repairs, and yet in our hearts we sought God. God has added so much to our lives and for the past nine years we have watched God faithfully provide for the needs of Camp David of the Ozarks as well.
I want to say a big thanks to all of you who gave of your time, money, and resources to help provide a place of hope for children of prisoners. May you know the Father's abundant care and provision as you seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness.
Benjamin A. Smith
Join with us in celebrating God's faithfulness as we reflect on 2012:
- Building the new Administration building
- God supplying the help we needed through 137 volunteers this summer
- Watching God bountifully provide for camp half way through the summer during a great time of need
- Seeing 202 campers' lives touched during 8 weeks of summer camp, including fifty campers who trusted Christ!
- Baptizing 34 campers
- Having 6 former campers and 3 children of prisoners on staff!
- The wedding of Linda and Josiah Faber (Linda is our full time Ministries Supervisor)
- Josiah joining the team full time as Retreats and Facilities Manager!
- Bruce and Michael Cook joining the team as full-time Staff Ministries Directors!!
- Visiting and learning from a large camp for at-risk youth
- Being part of day camp program inside a maximum security prison
- Going to a three day conference for Prison Evangelists in NC
- Donations of lawn mowers, vehicles, and ATV s
- Successful Pizza Inn fundraiser enabled us to purchase 72 new folding chairs
- Hosting over 20 work teams, retreats, and events
Merry Christmas from us!
December 24, 2012
Merry Christmas from the full-time staff team at Camp David!
Give Gifts of HOPE!
December 11, 2012
Looking for the perfect gift for your loved one? Camp David's "Hope's General Store" is open so come have a look at our goods! We have T-shirts, hats, calendars...
Rolla Christmas Parade
December 1, 2012
The best part of having some of our team in the Rolla Christmas parade was being able to wave at some of our campers that were along the street watching the parade! We also were excited to have two staff people ride camp horses in the parade- everyone loves the horses! The Rolla parade had a Retro theme, can you tell?
Pizza Inn Fundraiser Success
October 26, 2012
God blessed our Pizza Inn Fundraiser and we were able to purchase even more chairs than we had hoped! Read more...
October 2, 2012
Click here for more infomation about our Horsin' Around Birthday Parties!
Introducing our new...
September 13, 2012
Learn about how our team is growing! Read here
Timothy Training Week
July 2-6, 2012
Timothy Training Week is a special week for select campers to come and train as staff. Read more about what happened.